African Film Festival
Ricordamelo con una mail
September 1 – 5, 2017
Multisala Astra, Lido di Venezia
Zuecca Projects is proud to present the first edition of the African Film Festival - ORIGINS in Venice, to align with the 74th Venice International Film Festival. The festival will be hosted at Multisala Astra on the Lido di Venezia (Venice Lido), from September 1st to 5th, 2017.
The African Film Festival is an elaborate project which starts this year through the participation and collaboration with some of the Official African National Pavilions participating in the 2017 Venice Art Biennale and leading figures and institutions of African Cinema industry.
The pavilions of Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria and Zimbabwe, with the participation of South African Creative Director Lee-Ann Orton, present a selection of films that depict their countries today and their cultural identities.
The initiative aims to offer an introspection of the African continent through the eyes of artists, curators and professionals representing their own countries. The Festival offers a selection of movies of different sizes, ranging from cinema d'essai to documentary, made by Masters and Young Interpreters.
An overview that allows us to see different worlds and cultures that we must increasingly know to become all true global citizens.
September 1st – Kenya
Curated selection by James Ogonga, Curator of Kenyan Pavilion at Venice Art Biennale 2017
- Indulge Me by Ian Kithinji. 07’
- Yellow Fever by Ng'endo Mukii. 07’
- This Migrant business by Ng'endo Mukii. 06’
- Mtindo by Ng'endo Mukii. 03’
Projections start at 06.00 PM – 07.00 PM – 08.00 PM – 09.00 PM – 10.00 PM – 11.00 PM
September 2nd – Nigeria
Curated selection by Wunika Mukan, Project Manager of Nigerian Pavilion at Venice Art Biennale 2017
- Bad Market by Paul Gaius. 30’
- Las Gidi Vice by Udoka Oyeka. 19’
- Ojujuì by C.J “Fiery” Obasi. 95’
Projections start at 06.00 PM – 09.00 PM
September 3rd – Zimbabwe
Curated selection by Tsitsi Dangarembga, author and film-maker, Executive Director of the Institute of Creative Arts for Progress in Africa, Founding Director of the International Images Film Festival for Women, Harare
- Two villages Apart by Donald Mabido. 70’
- Ungochani by Portia Mudavanhu. 42’
- Kare Kare Zvako – Mother’s Day by Tsitsi Dangarembga. 30’
- Across grasslands by Sharon E. Lee. 25’
- Peretera Maneta – Spell my name by Tawanda Gunda Mupengo. 24’
- In my father’s village by Tapiwa Kapuya & Tawanda Gunda Mupengo. 23’
- Seiko – Why? by Sydney Tavavaishe. 19’
- Pamvura - at the water by Tsitsi Dangarembga. 14’
- Zviroto Zviroto by Lyoyd Chikwama. 13’
- Freestate by Martha Ferguson.11’
- Gabela by Learnmore Sibanda. 06’
Projection starts at 06.00 PM
September 4th – South Africa
Curated selection by Lee-Ann Orton, Creative Director of Between 10and5
- The Hangman by Zelethu Radebe. 30’
- Heroes by Zandile Tisani. 28’
- iBhokhwe - The Goat by John Trengove. 13’
- As Above, So Below by Michael MacGarry. 09’
- Leemte by Louw Venter. 08’
Projections start at 06.00 PM – 08.00 PM – 10.00 PM
September 5th – Ivory Coast
Curated selection by Massimo Scaringella, Curator of Ivory Coast Pavilion at Venice Art Biennale 2017, with the kind support of the Ivorian Embassy in Rome
- Sans Regret by Jacques Trabi, 102’
- RUN by Philippe Lacôte, 96’
- Le Mec Idéal by Owell Brown, 105’
Projection starts at 06.00 PM
African Film Festival – ORIGINS
September 1 - 5, 2017. From 6 PM to 12 AM
Multisala Astra, Via Corfù 9 - 30126 Lido di Venezia
Media and info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dettaglio orari e date
I testi e le immagini inserite nei post sono solo in parte opere degli autori degli articoli e loro proprietà.
Immagini e testi sono talvolta tratte dal web indicando, dove possibile, fonte e autore e vengono pubblicate per scopi esclusivamente illustrativi, nel rispetto del comma 1-bis dell’articolo 70 della legge n. 633 del 22 aprile 1941, “Protezione del diritto d’autore e di altri diritti connessi al suo esercizio”.
Qualora la loro pubblicazione violasse specifici diritti di autore, si prega di comunicarlo per la tempestiva rimozione.